Rusch Park Community Center
7801 Auburn Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA 95610
Main Convention and Adult Swim: 11 AM - 5 PM
A Group Swim Ticket to the California Mermaid Convention gains guests access to a variety of activities and events throughout the day
A Group Swim Ticket Includes
- Main Stage: Musicians, live acts, Storytelling, a Mermaid Hula Lesson and more! We are also thrilled to have a very special guest lead children in play; Ariel will host a singalong party during the convention!
- Photoshoots: We will have a group photoshoot scheduled for all of our attendees, as well as selected group photos from our sponsors. You can also book yourself a private underwater photoshoot with one of our accomplished professional photographers.
- Scavenger Hunt: Aquaman and Mera will organize children in an ongoing Scavenger Hunt for adorable prizes. This is the classic look-and-find game with a fishy twist!
- Pirate Island: The little fish visiting the con will delight in a host of activities and games at Pirate Island! Feed a hungry shark, save a flounder sailor, explore the con with a Pirate Passport, fence balloon swords and more. You may even win some pirate treasure for your efforts! Pirate Island is located outside of our main gates, and is free to enter to the public
- Vendors: We are proud to host a variety of vendors from California and beyond! From jewelry, costumes and tails, to beauty, bath and art, we have scoured the ocean to bring you the most lovely treasures the sea can offer
- Adult Swim: Swim with friends and make some new ones in our beautiful pool. While you swim, you may even want to check out a few of our poolside vendors; and test out some of their wares in the water!
- Children's Swim: We are sectioning off a safe space in our pool for our littlest mermaids and mermen to stretch their fins! Children are welcome to splash and play in a wading area with a playful fountain. Children 0-11 must stay in their designated swim area and be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Our Convention is being held at the beautiful Rush Park Community Center; guests will have access to the grounds, which include a park, playground, creek and free parking. Guests are welcome to enjoy the lush lawns and picnic, or spend time poolside in the spacious bleachers.
- DOES NOT include entry to photography sessions, workshops, Children's Online Sessions, or The Bubble Ball
- Adults must buy an adult pass to accompany children to the Group Swim
- Wristbands must be worn at all times!
- No glass whatsoever, or oil based lubricants will be allowed in the pool area
- No glitter of any kind will be allowed on site at any time
- We have three restrooms on site
Tickets to this event are SOLD OUT
-Masks are suggested but not required
- Guests 16+ must show a vaccination card upon check in
What could be more welcoming than a cool, aqua pool on a hot summer day? The California Mermaid Convention invites you to jump into the crystalline waters of Rush Park Pool for some serious mermaid fun. Bring your beloved merfriends, and get ready make some new friends this July!
- Pool Access included with Group Swim ticket
- Pool open for Group Swim from 11 AM to 5 PM on July 10th, 2021
- Children and Adults are welcome to swim in their tails or monofins, though they are not required to enter the pool. Tails may be available onsite for purchase from our vendors
- There will be separate areas for children ages 0-11 and adults 12+. Guests must stay in their respective swim zones with their correct wristbands at all times
- Adults must buy an adult pass to accompany children to the Group Swim
- Lifeguards will be on site, please use good sense and caution.
- No breath-holding contests/unauthorized breath-hold instruction onsite
- Goggles are encouraged, NO large flotation devices (floaties included) will be allowed - only coast guard certified life-vests are permitted.
- Please remember water and sunscreen! We will have limited food vendors so snacks are encouraged
- Swim wristbands must be worn while in water and pool area
- Bathrooms to change are on site, as well as food vendors
- No glass whatsoever, glitter, or oil based lubricants will be allowed in the pool area
Your ticket gives you access to so much more than our vendors and pool! Throughout the day we will be entertaining our guests with live music, performances, classes and more. And be sure to swing by our Pirate Games to wi included in the price of your Group Swim purchase.
Scroll down to see our performers and classes!
During Our Group Swim Activities, our mini-mermaids will get to swim with Mermaid Ariel (no, no THAT Ariel), for an hour, starting at 4 PM. This professional mermaid with swim, splash and delight our youngest guests.
Mermaid Ariel (yes, that's her real name!) has been performing for children as different mythical creatures for over a decade. Whether it's at faires, festivals or in backyard pools, she absolutely loves embodying the magic and imagination that comes with being a swimming mermaid. She is truly overjoyed to be splashing around with some new little friends this summer!
Buy a Children's Ticket to the Group Swim here
To open our group swim, and to ease into your day, Mermaid Janessa will sooth us with her gentle and lovely harp playing. Slip into your tail, and into tranquil waters.
Janessa has been called to the harp, and to mermaids, since she was very young. She loves that she can now combine her two passions , creating a mersona that is also a musician. Janessa plays the Celtic harp, and her favorite songs are medieval ballads and traditional folk tunes.
What would a mermaid celebration be without the most famous mermaid of all - Ariel! Ariel invites our littlest sea fans to the Main Stage to join her for a song and photo ops. Don't miss out on this fun opportunity to meet some of your favorite movie character, in mer-son!
Activity is free for all with Group Swim Tickets
Mermom Laurie is the "Mom" of Mermaid and Mom; one of the founding companies of the convention. Mermom Laurie is a seamstress with a degree in Dance and 50 years of experience in children's recreation and care. She has been a hula dancer since she was 12 years old!
Mermom Laurie is thrilled to share a Hula Noho (seated hula dance) with convention attendees. Utilizing beautiful natural shells, this dance is perfect for children and adults for an introduction to the complex culture of the Hawaiian Islands. Come join Mermom Laurie as she 'shell'ibrates with a song some of you may recognize...
Lesson is free to attendees with Group Swim Tickets
Aquaman and Mera will be leading our littlest guppies in a Scavenger Hunt worthy of the King and Queen of the Ocean!* This ongoing activity will take place all Saturday long from 11 AM to 5 PM during the Group Swim on July 12th. Participants will be given tasks and clues to collect and bring back to the aquatic super team in exchange for an adorable take home prize. And of course, they are welcome to snap a photo with Aquaman and Mera when they complete their mission!
To participate in the Scavenger Hunt, visit Aquaman and Mera at Pirate Island - located in the shaded area of the grass near the Children's Splash Zone.
Aquaman and Mera are visiting the convention as representatives of The League for Hope. The League for Hope's mission is to bring costumed characters in to visit chronically ill children at hospitals, residences, like the Ronald McDonald House, and charity events. They work with staff to provide the experience they are looking for, be it superheroes, princesses, pirates, mermaids, fairies, movie characters, or computer game characters—anything nerdy and kid friendly that the kids may enjoy interacting with. All their volunteers are experienced working with kids who are going through a major health or life issue. Their goal is to share hope by giving kids a chance to be kids for their visit.
*No registration or payment needed to participate, activity included in Group Swim Ticket
Show Located on the grass near Pirate Island and the Children's Splash Zone. Bubble Show is included in Group Swim ticket
Mermaid Ashley of Pixie Tribe will wow the guppies with bubbles of sea foam fun! Step inside a giant bubble or watch rainbow tinted orbs float past you in a dreamy dance as Ashley shares her Giant Bubble Show.
Grandmer Orchid the mermaid loves to read to children. She’s a grandma mermaid, maybe a lot like your very own human grandma! She swims from the coast of the Northwest to the coast of California, to the dry desert of the Southwest and at every stop she makes sure she gets in a story or two.
Come and sit at her fin and hear stories about fish, sharks, mermaids and other sea folk that populate the underwater world. She can’t wait to meet you and share stories and tales of the sea.
Grandmer Orchid has been mermaiding for over six years. Grandmer is sometimes also know as Orchid the Jellyfish and sometimes can be seen spreading Jellyfish Joy and happiness everywhere. Grandmer Orchid has performed her shows and stories in many states, such as, Oregon, Washington, California and Arizona. She also writes children’s songs and believes that reading builds a strong base of literacy for children.
The Little MerMel (the Letter Mermaid) will be creating a photo backdrop for our convention guests! Watch her artwork come to life in this live painting demo.
Born and raised on the central coast of California, Melissa AKA The Little MerMel thrives in creativity. After many years of exploration & choosing hand lettering and illustration as her creative outlet, MerMel established The Letter Mermaid, providing mural, chalk art, and hand-painted signage services. Her art is a wave of positivity over the daily struggles of our human existence and aims to create a community of courage through vulnerability. By living authentically, Melissa hopes to inspire others to love themselves.
To view more of here work visit her Instagram
Copyright © 2021 The California Mermaid Convention - All Rights Reserved.