The fun isn't just limited to the three days of the convention! Check here for exclusive video uploads, contests, vendor specials and more
Starting June 8th - July 7th, convention participants will have the opportunity to craft the sand castle of their dreams, for the chance to win a grab bag packed with goodies from Mermaid and Mom....there might even be a custom mermaid costume piece in it for you!
- Build a castle out of sand!
- Snap a photo of all 4 sides of your castle, and a pic of you next to your creation holding a sign that says #SHELLterinplace
- Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Sand Castle Contest", please include your name, and the category you would like to enter
- Natural Materials Only: Non man-made items, biodegradable decorations and castle is not a permanent structure. Sand must be naturally colored and not dyed
- All that Glitters and Sparkles: Any of kind materials, castle can be a permanent structure. Colored sand allowed.
- CMC Dream Castle: Design a sandcastle home for our mascot, Poppy! Her favorite colors are orange and blue, and the castle must be decorated with her favorite flower...can you guess what that is? Castle may be a permanent structure and colored sand may be used
Our audience gets to vote! We will post a link on this page - once we have a few submissions - and YOU get to vote for your favorite castle. Voting closes at midnight on July 7th, and we will announce our winner at the Launch Party with the Dive Bar Mermaids .
Have some amazing Mermaid Content you want to share with us?
The California Mermaid Convention is seeking out presenters to engage in digital meetings during our online event. If you have Mermaid Content you would like to share in the form of an online symposium, lecture, workshop or class, we would love to hear your pitch!
Our digital presentations will be held on an online platform (platform TBD) for a live audience. Check out the application below for more details