The California Mermaid Convention is excited to offer many exciting chances for children to swim with mermaids!
These one hour parties are the splashiest events under the sea! Children interact and play with a costumed mermaid character for an immersive experience like no other. Our silly and sweet character performers love to play games, and encourage imaginative and create thinking during their pool party interactions.
Select your swim session and purchase tickets below.
-Ticket includes entry for ONE child and ONE adult guardian to the Hagan Park ( 2197 Chase Dr, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 ) designated children’s swim pool area. Pool time will be one hour only, with your mermaid performer. Guests may then explore the rest of the con at their leisure
- Swim with a Mermaid Sessions are one hour experiences with a costumed character. Your child will love splashing and playing with a real life mermaid.
- Parents may be in the water with their child, if they wish
- Lifeguards will be on site, but parents are asked to monitor their child as long as they are in the water. Life jackets are encouraged for all children who are not strong swimmers
- Children may wear swimsuits and/or mermaid tails. Children must be proficient with use of monofins and mermaid tails if they wish to participate wearing them
- After their swim session is up, children and their adult guardian may stay on site to relax in the grass, play some of our free games or activities on land, grab a snack or peruse our vendors. Due to limited children's pool capacity, and safety limits for our performers, no children will be allowed into the pool after their session has ended.
- Bring: Swimsuit for child, towels, goggles are encouraged, NO large flotation devices (floaties included) will be allowed - only coast guard certified life-vests are permitted. Please remember water and sunscreen!
- Check in time is 15 minutes before your Swim Session. You/your child must wear your session wristbands while in pool area. Our helpful staff will be monitoring sessions/wristbands closely; please help us make this a fun and fair event for all children!
- Bathrooms to change are on site, as well as food vendors
- No glass whatsoever, glitter, or oil based lubricants will be allowed in the pool area
- Mermaid Erin is swimming all the way from the Emerald Isle to join the celebration and fun of this years MerCon! She is most excited to meet all the land guppies and make a giant splash with them in the pool! Mermaid Erin delights in sharing secrets and stories of the sea, teaching them to speak whale… and she might even spread some magic pearl dust to transform your little one into a mermaid too!
11 AM - Mermaid Pool Party Session with Mermaid Kairi (Ages 7-11)
12 PM - Merman Pool Party Session with Merman Jax and Merman Maui (Ages 5 - 11)
1 PM - Sing Along with Ariel: Splash Session (Ages 0 - 11)
2 PM - Storytime Session with Grandmer Orchid (Ages 0 - 5)
3 PM - Bilingual Mermaid Pool Party Session with the Mermaid Atlantis (Spanish/English, Ages 5-11)
4 PM - Mermaid Pool Party Session with Mermaid Erin (Ages 7-11)
11 AM - 5 PM: All Day Pass (Access to EVERY session for your child)
Sessions are 25 children max. Performers and Session Info Announced Soon! Tickets may be purchased here
Mermaid Kairi is so excited to be swimming to the California Mermaid Convention again!
She cannot wait to meet all the adorable guppies that will be swimming with her this year! She has many new tales of her adventures out at sea and is excited to share all the wonderful treasure she has found along the way! So come join her for a fintastic Mermaid Pool Party filled with laughter, silliness, and all sorts of fun!
A swim session just for our little mermen! Join Merman Jax and Merman Maui in a splashy playtime full of fun. Our merboys often get left out of the fun, or feel shy to swim with the merfolk. This is the opportunity for them to play and interact with two professional mermen! Let imaginations soar in this magical and safe environment
Join everyone's favorite read headed mermaid for a silly, splashy pool session full of games, stories and sing along fun. Will Ariel grow a tail or frolic on land legs with our convention guppies? Grab tickets and 'sea' what his ocean princess has in store for you!
This session is suitable for all ages of children. Who doesn't want to meet the Little Mermaid herself?
Grandmer Orchid is a grandma mermaid!
She spends the winter in the southwest and loves visiting her friends in Arizona and California. In the summer she swims to the Pacific Northwest and loves seeing her friends in Washington and Oregon! She has even swam with the fish and turtles in Maui, Hawai'i.
She loves to read and shares her love of books with her little friends wherever she goes. Come and hear a story with her; you might hear stories about naughty fish, sharks losing their teeth and of course mermaid tales!
Follow Grandmer Orchid
Atlantis is flipping her fins in excitement to be joining the CalMerCon again this year! She cannot wait to sea all the little minnows for the Swim With A Mermaid session! She will be swimming, playing games, blowing bubbles, answering questions, and reading a short story.
The Mermaid Atlantis lives in the cold waters of Sand Francisco. Her sand castle is located at the bottom of the bay right in between the Gate made of Gold, and that Island made entirely of Treasure. Atlantis loves to borrow Land Legs to visit humans, fairies, and mystical friends of all sorts. She has been lucky enough to be invited to perform for humans, big and small, across the world! All the way down to South American, and then all the way up to Canada. One of her very favorite things to do is to make kids laugh.
Nado Bilingüe con La Sirena Atlantis! (inglés y español, edades 4-11)
¡Atlantis está emocionada por unirse a CalMerCon nuevamente este año! ¡No puede esperar para embarcar a todos los pequeños pececillos para la sesión de Swim With A Mermaid de este año! Estará nadando, jugando, haciendo burbujas, respondiendo preguntas y leyendo un cuento.
Un poco sobre Atlantis, La Sirena Atlantis vive en las frías aguas de Sand Francisco. Su castillo de arena está ubicado en el fondo de la bahía, justo entre la Puerta hecha de Oro y la Isla hecha completamente de Tesoro. A Atlantis le encanta tomar prestados Land Legs para visitar humanos, hadas y amigos místicos de todo tipo. ¡Ha tenido la suerte de ser invitada a actuar para humanos, grandes y pequeños, en todo el mundo! Todo el camino hasta Sudamérica, y luego hasta Canadá. Una de sus cosas favoritas para hacer es hacer reír a los niños.
Follow the Mermaid Atlantis
Mermaid Erin is swimming all the way from the Emerald Isle to join the celebration and fun of this years MerCon! She is most excited to meet all the land guppies and make a giant splash with them in the pool! Mermaid Erin delights in sharing secrets and stories of the sea, teaching them to speak whale… and she might even spread some magic pearl dust to transform your little one into a mermaid too!
Copyright © 2022 The California Mermaid Convention - All Rights Reserved.