The California Mermaid Convention is searching for a few good mermaids to swim and play with our littlest convention attendees on July 10th and 11th, 2020. We are looking for committed, responsible, experienced and reliable performers to bring some true mermaid magic to children during the con. Many of these sessions sold out last year - they were an audience favorite!
To apply, simply download the form below, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline is February 22nd
The California Mermaid Convention is excited to offer two exciting chances for children to swim with mermaids!
"Mermaid Pool Party" Session
These one hour parties are the splashiest events under the sea! Children interact and play with a costumed mermaid character for an immersive experience like no other. Our silly and sweet character performers love to play games, and encourage imaginative and create thinking during their pool party interactions.
"Learn to Swim Like a Mermaid" Class
Children learn how to properly and safely use a monofin during this one hour class. Our trained and experienced instructors will have our littlest con attendees swimming with grace and proficiency; just like a mermaid! Children must bring their own monofins to participate.
Select your swim session and purchase tickets below.
Friday, July 10th "Mermaid Pool Party" Sessions - $20 per child
Friday, July 10th "Learn to Swim Like a Mermaid" Class - $35 per child
Saturday, July 11th "Mermaid Pool Party" Sessions - $25* per child
Saturday, July 11th "Learn to Swim Like a Mermaid" Class - $35 per child
*Saturday Pool Party Sessions include a special performance for participants such as a Magic Show, a Sing-along, Dance Lesson, etc...
-Ticket includes entry for ONE child and ONE adult guardian to the Rusch Park (7801 Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights) designated children’s swim pool area for one hour only
- "Mermaid Pool Parties" are one hour experiences with a costumes character. Your child will love splashing and playing with a real life mermaid. "Swim Like a Mermaid" classes are with a human instructor, who will teach children proper and safe use of a monofin for mermaid swimming
- Children in "Swim Like a Mermaid" classes must be proficient swimmers with legs and bring their own monofin
- Parents may be in the water with their child, if they wish
- Lifeguards will be on site, but parents are asked to monitor their child as long as they are in the water
- Children may wear swimsuits and/or mermaid tails. Children must be proficient with use of monofins and mermaid tails if they wish to participate wearing them
- Bring: Swimsuit for child, towels, goggles are encouraged, NO large flotation devices (floaties included) will be allowed - only coast guard certified life-vests are permitted. Please remember water and sunscreen!
- Check in time is 15 minutes before your Swim Session. You/your child must wear your session wristbands while in pool area. You must vacate the pool area 15 minutes after your session has wrapped, to make way for the next Swim Session participants. Our helpful staff will be monitoring sessions/wristbands closely; please help us make this a fun and fair event for all children!
- Bathrooms to change are on site, as well as food vendors
- No glass whatsoever, glitter, or oil based lubricants will be allowed in the pool area
- Most Children's Swim Session are for children 4-11 years old.