Enjoy an underwater themed extravaganza where we slip into a realm of elegant enchantment. The Bubble Ball will feature four hours of spectacular dance music, photo opportunities, delectable beer and wine selections and special performances. Enjoy an evening dressed in your most elegant Mermaid Attire - pirate, ocean creature or other nautical themes encouraged!
- Mermaid, Pirate, Sea Witch, Nautical, and Ocean Themed attire required to attend. We will also accept Black Tie and Formal attire
- Be sure to arrive early for our cocktail hour! Mingle with the most glamours fish undr the sea and enjoy light refreshments from 7:30 PM - 8 :30 PM
- Please bring your own reusable drinking vessel. We will also have a small selection of reusable drinking vessels available for purchase: the California Mermaid Convention strives to be eco-conscious and aware of the impact of single use drinking vessels.
- All ages are welcome to attend, please note that some costuming, performances or décor may be racy or otherwise sited for older audiences. Parental discretion is advised.
A portion of ALL TIPS at the bar, and a portion of ticket sales goes to PAWS: Pet Adoption and Wellness Services in Sacramento. Please bring cash to tip PAWS <3
- Saturday, May 20th from 7:30 PM - 11:30 PM
- We will have a cocktail hour with refreshments from 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Hagan Park Community Center
- All ages (parents please note that some costuming/performances may tilt toward alluring or frightening)
- Drinking Ticket - $40 Early Bird (ticket entitles you to 3 alcoholic beverages) - $45 after April 1st
- Non Drinking Ticket* - $20 Early Bird - $25 after April 1st
* Wristbands will be worn to designate Drinking and Non Drinking Tickets
Do you embody the qualities and characteristics we hold dear as outlined in our Code of Conduct? Are you a Merperson who conducts themselves with the qualities of true friendship, community, inclusion and magic through play? If you are, don your very best Merfolk attire for the Bubble Ball, and be considered to be crowned this season's 'Pearl'.
The Pearl can be anyone - no age requirement or gender association.
To enter, simply let our volunteers know upon your check in at the Bubble Ball, that you would like to be considered. The lucky Mer who is deemed the Pearl will be given a sash, scepter, a prize basket from our vendors and entry into next year's convention.
Remember to conduct yourself with humility, kindness, grace and charm. Our team of judges will be watching our hopefuls during the duration of the Bubble Ball. What a scandal would arise if you were overheard or seen to be uncouth!
Best of luck, gentle Merfolk! We look forward to seeing our community shine bright in May.
The California Mermaid Convention
Athene Noctua, the Lady of the Owls, reads from the Tarot of Misdeeds, a deck she created herself for the League of Proper Villains, a local Steampunk social club. Lady Noctua has been reading tarot for over 30 years, though has only begun offering her services professionally in 2014 for select events and for private consultation. She reads regularly at Shannon McCabe's Vampire Ball and Mardi Gras parties and for Clockwork Alchemy.
Lady Noctua's tarot reading sessions are FREE for Bubble Ball guests, though tipping is highly encouraged!
Lolita Vasquez Photography will provide guests of the Bubble Ball with a fun and interactive Photo Booth for FREE! Guests will have the option to take home and a printed souvenir photo. We ask that guests be conscious and respectful in taking turns using the Photo Booth.
For more info about Lolita's work, click here
Poseidon and his crew of sea sprites and pirates will be offering an assortment of delectable beer and wine options. Quench your thirst for a good cause; a portion of every drinking ticket purchase goes towards a small, Sacramento local animal shelter - PAWS or Pet Adoption and Wellness Services. Drink for the dogs!
Copyright © 2023 The California Mermaid Convention - All Rights Reserved.